A girl and her chocolate


At a very young age I fell in LOVE with chocolate. Chocolate milk, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate pie, M&Ms, anything with chocolate I could hardly stay away from it. My mom will be the first to tell you I knew the difference between Russell Stovers chocolate and "other" chocolate from Walmart each year around Valentines Day. I wanted that SPECIAL KIND of chocolates dad bought mom, not my candy!

Even now at 32 it is VERY DIFFICULT for me to stay away from it. To make it even worse my mom cooks and bakes ALL THE TIME! AND ITS DELICIOUS! When I'm trying to eat clean and be aware of what I'm eating I have to avoid her house at all costs because I have no willpower at her house. It's like I'm that 5 year old little girl again and who cares if I eat a cookie, or two, maybe three right? Someones gotta eat them.

With all this being said because I work around and train mostly women, eating a cookie or brownie every once and while; whatever it may be WILL NOT cause you to gain weight. We are human and we CAN NOT be 100% perfect all the time. However what WILL CAUSE YOU TO  gain weight is the constant and over excessive amounts of sweets and treats you eat for days on end. If you're like me and you cannot control yourself around certain foods DO NOT BUY THEM. Keep them out of your house. Period. But when the holidays, birthdays, & celebrations come around allow yourself some freedom, enjoy, and make sure your workouts stay consistent!


"IN BETWEEN GOALS IS A THING CALLED LIFE THAT HAS HAS TO BE LIVED AND ENJOY."
-SID CAESAR


Comments

  1. Nikki you’ve helped me SO much in this area. You’ve taught me about healthy balance. Having battled and Eating disorder in my past, I have a tendancy to lean towards the extreme side of the spectrum and I was the queen of restricting food. Learning so much about nutrition and learning that it’s scientifically IMPOSSIBLE to gain 3 pounds of fat in a day, has given me so much freedom! I’ve learned if I want the chips, I’m eating the chips. If I want the extra piece (or 2) of chocolate, I’m eating it. It actually helps me stay on track better when I don’t restrict certain foods completely because I get a taste of it and then I’m done. But if I’m craving something and restrict myself, the cravings overtake my mind and it’s all I think about! I spent too much wasted time focused on being so extreme and thinking that’s the only way to get results. That was a LIE. When I let go of stressing over each meal, then I actually reach my goals quicker and I’ve found a lot of JOY in the journey. Life is to short to not have JOY!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts