Wake & Shake: My daily morning breakfast routine


Hello & good morning!!

Pretty sure everyone reading this is done with this COLD weather we've been having lately!! It's 9:13 am and it's 12 degrees... T W E L V E!!! We live in the south...we aren't used to this kind of frigid weather!!! Anyways, I've had several people ask if I would post my morning Wake & Shake "coffee shake" so that they could start making their own. On days like today this drink is the only thing getting me out of the bed in the mornings, 4:30am to be exact!!

I use a regular coffee pot to make my coffee each morning. If you know me well, I'm not in with all the high tech gadgety things. My friend Mallory uses her French press to make her coffee and swears by it. A Keurig would work perfectly as well.

While I'm waiting for the coffee I go ahead and make a regular protein shake.
8 ounces of water + 1 Scoop of protein powder. ( I use whey protein, chocolate of course, but use whatever you'd like.)

Sometimes I will add a splash of unsweetened almond milk or whole milk when its a long morning for me at the gym with back to back clients.

Once the coffee is done I will add 8-10 ounces of coffee to my already made protein shake... and BAM YOU'RE DONE. So simple. So easy.
26 grams of protein... anywhere from 150 calories to 225 calories depending if I use whole milk (for the full fat) or almond milk.

This works for me. It's like a chocolate mocha but a healthier version plus the protein.
Give it a try and let me know how it works for you. The number one thing especially in women when it comes to their nutrition is skipping breakfast. SO not good for you... on SO many levels.

Have a wonderful day!
-Nikki



Comments

  1. This sounds sooo good!! I’m trying it out today! I drink coffee daily, but have never thought to add it to my chocolate shake���� thanks for the great tip!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts